While having a car is amazing, you always get to deal with some minor issues here and there. Taking care of your vehicle is challenging sometimes, yet with a good maintenance routine you will end up being very impressed with the results. With that in mind, here you have some great things you can do if you want to take care of your car properly!
- Read the car manual. This is where you can find a lot of maintenance tips and ideas. If you want to keep your vehicle running in a proper manner, this is what you have to read first.
- Replace air filters at least once a year. The air filters can easily get clogged and this will bring in more problems each with their own challenges. You need to consider replacing the filters whenever you can as it will help you a lot.
- Check the state of your windshield wipers whenever you can. If needed, replace them and the results can be very good in the end. At the end of the day, you want to make sure that the windshield wipers are running properly, if they don’t, you won’t be able to see! Be safe, just get new ones.
- Check the warning lights. These will tell you if something is wrong with your car. It’s very important to focus on what they say, if there are any issues, just go ahead and opt for a car diagnosis or repair. The issues might not always be serious but it’s always best to stay ahead of the game in case something major does start to happen.
- Make sure that you change the headlight bulbs if they aren’t working. If you choose to do that on your own, avoid touching the glass as you will leave traces of oil and smudges. These should be avoided at all costs to prolong the life of your new bulbs.
- The electric aspects of your vehicle should be checked as well. Use dedicated tools to check on the battery performance, as it will be very helpful. Disconnect and reconnect the battery to give it an extra boost as well. Also, try to check all cables and see if they work. Check the battery terminals too, as they can be damaged at times.
- Wash off any bird droppings, otherwise it will damage your car’s paint. Also, keep your car in the garage if possible. This will help immensely by keeping your car from the plethora of damages caused by the harsh elements.
- Use the right fuel type. Don’t choose a cheaper gas just because it’s less expensive. Check your owner’s manual, because if you purchased a high-end vehicle it might actually be very bad for your car and you want to avoid this to protect your investment!
- Check the coolant level and make sure that it’s within the necessary values. If it drops too low you risk overheating and doing some serious damage to your engine and any component that comes too close to the heat. A lot of electrical problems can start here. Don’t risk it!
- Also, check the oil level. It’s also a good idea to check the belt system too, otherwise you will end up with a lot of trouble should one wear out unexpectedly.
- Drive with fuel economy in mind. Also, check the tire pressure and remember that a bad tire pressure can affect the vehicle performance.
All of these are great ideas that you should consider if you want to keep your car running at its very best! Some of these tasks can be performed on your own, but for others you will have to hire a professional. Make sure that you take care of your car if you want to continue driving it for years to come!
The Mini Cooper Roadster which is the convertible version of the Mini Cooper coupe has been around for a few years and pleased many drivers.
It is known for having a rough ride however with its handling and exciting driving Dynamics never disappoints. The only downside it is known for being quite noisy and the dashboard controls can be a little confusing. Roadster Sports a 4-cylinder that can sometimes be underpowered, it is recommended to upgrade to the Cooper S or the JC W trim which brings in a turbo charged.
Gas mileage in this vehicle can be 27 mpg in the city and 34 Highway which is phenomenal for a quick little sports car. Upgrading to the turbo changes that minimally. As far as fun goes, this car is a 10 out of 10. Known for their sharp handling, responsive steering, and power brakes they are literally like driving a go-kart on the highway.
As far as the interior goes the mini Roadster has been known to have good styling and high-quality materials compared to other vehicles in its class. Mini did take a retro perspective in designing the controls which have been known to cause a little confusion. Also the convertible top has been known to be noisy and reduce visibility out the back. However, headroom and legroom are a plus which is shocking coming from a car called Mini. Obviously, cargo space is going to be limited in this car compared to other vehicles in it’s class.
Technologies are very up to date, including USB, Bluetooth connectivity, and auto climate control.
Although this vehicle has made many memories with drivers enjoying every mile of it, Mini has announced that they will be discontinuing his vehicle in the future.
No better place to start a car blog than with one of the most famous vehicles out there. It is able to boast that is has been on all seven continents and continues to be the workhorse in the roughest of terrain. It is the Jeep Wrangler.
This icon was arguable formed with the first Willys MB in WWII back in 1941. Boasting 4X4 capabilities this animal took the battlefield by storm by not being stopped. From Africa to the Pacific Islands this little package transported American troops for years. As the years advanced the Willys MB transformed into the first civilian version of the Jeep CJ in 1944. It’s been decades and the modeling of the vehicle has changed very little. Don’t worry the engine and 4X4 have been upgraded quite a bit.
In the beginning it boasted a 2.2 liter engine with a 3-speed transmission. Today it rolls with a 2.8 liter engine pushing 177 hp with either an automatic transmission or 6-speed manual. This vehicle can produce 302 pound force-feet of torque! Incredible. No wonder it just climbs over any obstacles in it’s way.
This vehicle now comes in a 2 door or 4 door variant. The 4 door is called the Jeep Wrangle Unlimited. Each has multiple trim levels including; sport, sport s, willys wheeler, black bear, freedom edition, sahara, willys wheeler w, rubicon, 75th anniversary, backcountry, and rubicon hard rock.
These beasts are amazing off the road, though on the road you’ll only see about 16/20 miles per gallon city/highway driving. If you can overcome the price about 28k for the base model to upwards of 42k for a fully loaded rubicon hard rock. These vehicles are very well known for keeping their value though, so a few years down the road if you do decide to part ways with this beautiful sport utility vehicle you’ll get a very pretty penny back.